Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Letter of Apology.

A Letter of Apology
(Words: Tedd Cookerly)
 
  
  I am not sure how often Andy is going to allow me this platform to vent, so I am going to take full advantage of this moment. I feel that it’s only fitting that I should start with something as simple and as honest as an apology to my skateboarding peers. I believe that the hardest thing to do is admit that you have been abundantly wrong/ ignorant/ lame / inconsiderate/ and I would like to right that wrong now. I hope that this is seen by the right people and they can take it as an honest “I am sorry.”
       
  Over the last two months, I have been working on something that I never in my life would have thought of doing. Yes my friends, I have been working on a video part. When Andy launched Principle, we had jokingly talked about doing something “short” that would be a fun project. What’s come from that is a video part scheduled to release on July 20th 2013 which, if you are keeping score at home, is my 42nd birthday. Andy and I have been out most every day trying to piece something together that will show that, maybe, this old man still has a few tricks up his sleeve.
 
  My only hope is that when it comes out, it makes you, the skater, want to go out and skate and know, with confidence, this is something you can do for a very long time and still love it like I do. As it is said so aptly on social media everyday; thank you skateboarding.
 
Tedd Cookerly- Big Ole BS Ollie
(Photo: Andy Helvey)

No comments:

Post a Comment